Another live PodCast, this time with the wonderfully funny DJ Waldow at his amazing site on gdiapers, It Takes A Village To Raise A Parent.
- Some ways that Mercedes relates her experience in child psychiatry to her parenting, and vice-versa.
- Mercedes’s thoughts on some of the differences between boys and girls and the stereotypes that pertain to each gender.
- How being a parent has changed the work-life balance for a family with two busy physicians.
- How Mercedes controls her stress and calms down after a tough day at work before she gets home.
- Thoughts on how parental stress lends to childhood stress and anxiety.How the overuse of technology lends to screen addiction and anxiety, as well as tips on how to curb this.
- The stigma of mental health issues and how talking about it and knowing what to do with kids and adults who are struggling can help. Also, thoughts on finding a balance between honesty and being strong when parents struggle with their own anxiety.
Links From Contributors:
Quotes From This Episode:
“There’s no such thing as a perfect parent. It’s best to be a good-enough parent, so that’s what I strive for.”
“The doctor is prescribing that you take more time for yourself. Make time to work out, make time for date night, try to get a day off from work and the kids and do whatever it is you need to do.”
“We are our kids’ biggest role models. Our behavior is the first thing they’re exposed to when they’re little.”